The Calcutta Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Introduction The Calcutta Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is the oldest surviving Homoeopathic institution in the world. Founded in the year 1881 this College has carried forward the legacy of Homoeopathy by providing a healing touch to the suffering humanity. The Calcutta Homoeopathy of today proudly recalls the untiring efforts of Dr Mohini Mohan Basu and Dr Pratap Chandra Mazumdar its founder, Dr D.N.Roy, Dr B.K.Bose, Dr R.G Ghoshal, Dr P.C Paul and other dedicated selfless individuals by whose healing touch the people of Bengal have accepted Homoeopathy wholeheartedly through generations. No wonder the initial days of struggle paved the path for a strong Educational Institute which became the pioneer of Homoeopathic Education not only in India but also in the World.
1. To create interest in Homoeopathic Science and to improve the standard of Homoeopathic
Medical Edication for both Under Graduate, Post Graduate students and thus to give better
service to the country under the Indian System of Medicine & Homoeopathy (ISMH/AYUSH).
2. To maintain the College & Hospital for study ofHomoeopathy.
3. To promote, encourage and assist the science and art of Homoeopathy system of education.
4. To promote, Discussion and exchange of views among the medical personal and member of alumni.
5. to maintain and safeguard the material interest and status of Homoeopathic Medical professional in the town, district, neighbouring districts and abroad.
6. To alleviate the suffering of the poor & distressed by proper care and treatment in every possible way.
7. To keep better relationship between university and Govt. in the academic and administrative interest of the College Hospital
8. To Promote the research activities in Homoeopathy.
As per recommendation minimum requirement of Central Council of Homoeopathy regulation 2002, 43 teaching Post including Principal were approved by the Department of Health & Family Welfare (ISHM/AYUSH) Govt. of West Bengal and as per C.C.H. Regulation 2002 for a Degree College & Hospital the total number of non teaching staff approved 15. Steps to approve the minimum unifirm non teaching staff & hospital staff by the Department of Health & Family Welfare (ISHM/AYUSH) Govt. of West Bengal is under deep consideration.
|MD( Hom) Practice of Medicine
|MD(Hom) Homoeopathic Pharmacy
|MD(Hom) Homoeopathic Materia Medica
|MD(Hom) Organon of Medicine
Students after having passed successfully the 4th B.H.M.S. Examination are required to undergo a twelve months Stipendiary Internship Training (presently INR 28,892.00/month) to get Practical & Clinical experience in the OPD & IPD of the Hospital for obtaining the B.H.M.S. Degree.
After completion of compulsory Stipendiary Internship, mostly all candidates for all the four Govt. Colleges are selected on the basis of marks & merit and considering their duty in Internship which is Stipendiary INR 45,071.00/-.